Friday 21 January 2011

Best and Worst Films of 2010

Right, here we go again. Overall I don’t think it’s been a killer year for films and this is reflected in the top ten films of the year. All great films, but inferior to last year’s selection. There is an interesting mix of genres in the top ten and I’ve tried to be original with my top film as well. You can easily interchange the top two and you’ll get no argument from me, but I gave the nod to Bad Lieutenant as in it you have both Cage and Herzog at the top of their game. As for the turkeys, there were far too many to pick from with the rom-com field scraping the barrel on a number of occasions. Here’s the lists then (best first), plus this year if you click on the title it will take you directly to my review.

1) Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
2) Inception
3) Four Lions
4) A Prophet
5) Heartbreaker
6) The Social Network
7) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
8) The Disappearance Of Alice Creed
9) Hachi: A Dog’s Tale
10) Shutter Island

…don’t get out of bed for these though…

1) Grown Ups
2) All About Steve
3) Shank
4) The Killer Inside Me
5) I'm Still Here
6) The Bounty Hunter
7) Leap Year
8) Valentines Day
9) Killers
10) Somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment