Saturday 14 January 2012

Best and Worst Films of 2011

This time last year I said that the top ten films of 2010 were all great films, but inferior to 2009's selection. The same thing applies this year as well, I'm afraid. However, I love films so lets celebrate the fact that there were some crackers this year to enjoy. In terms of my film of the year I think if you had told me on 1 January 2011 that my film of the year was going to be a Hollywood blockbuster I would have raised an eyebrow. If you had then told me it was going to be a Planet Of The Apes film I would have pointed you towards the nearest sanatorium. However, Apes it is for me, but I must say I had a difficult task picking a top film, let alone arranging them in a list of ten, so if you jumbled my list up and came up with a new number one I wouldn't argue. Following on from that, I'd say my top four films were dead set, but the next six squeezed in ahead of a number of films that are pretty much their equal. So honorary mentions to Take Shelter, Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows, The Fighter, Animal Kingdom and Submarine. As it is, I hope you'll find my top ten an eclectic mix. As for the shockers the gross out comedy genre was pretty dire this year, but somehow none of them made my worst ten. That's a pretty bad indictment for my worst ten. Anyway, here’s the lists then (best first).

1) Rise of the Planet of the Apes
2) The Lincoln Lawyer
3) The Artist
4) Moneyball
5) The Help
6) Black Swan
7) Senna
8) The Guard
9) Insidious
10) Tangled

…don’t hit Amazon for these though…

1) I Don't Know How She Does It
2) Midnight In Paris
3) Gnomeo and Juliet
4) Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark
5) Hereafter
6) Transformers: Dark of the Moon
7) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
8) Fair Game
9) Drive Angry
10) Beautiful Lies

No comments:

Post a Comment